We need a Scala software developer with extensive commercial experience building and testing web applications in an Agile environment, with a focus on API and the back end.
- Work with a small local team as part of a wider international team, on an innovative and exciting platform that will be used by many thousands every day.
- Understand the importance of performance, security and scalability across distributed systems.
- Implement good development practices to support a reliable continuous integration pipeline.
- Write clean, robust, portable code.
- Help to estimate scopes of work and release schedules.
- Experience developing server-side software in Scala.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience building web applications in an Agile, product-driven environment.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Test-driven development second nature.
- Proficiency and experience with API design and development.
- Good working knowledge of relational DBMS, including MySQL and Postgres.
- Experience working in SCRUM-based Agile projects.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Working knowledge of AWS systems and services.
- Good understanding of ReactJS
- An interest in machine learning
- The ability to converse in more than one language.
- £40-50K per annum.
- Progressive, friendly working environment.
- Flexible working, including work hours and some working from home.
- Professional development.
- An important part to play in something that will become a household name.
Please do not make contact with us about this role if you are a recruiter.