We’re looking for a confident, seasoned developer with a history of working with a variety of programming languages and environments, and with extensive experience building web applications in an Agile, product-driven environment.
A solid background in Java development would be great, some knowledge of Scala ideal, but what we value most is the ability and desire to continually learn, a passion for the art of software development, and a demonstrable record of having made a notable contribution to complex projects – all without compromising on quality or good practice.
You’ll be an important part of a small, growing team, with opportunities to advise, guide and contribute to policy on the future of this unique and exciting project.
If you are a mature developer, perhaps with a colourful history of contracting on varied projects across different software technologies, and are looking for a full-time role that doesn’t mean buttoning everything down, and that will make you excited to go to work, this might be exactly what you’re looking for!
- Work with a small local team as part of a wider international team, on an innovative and exciting platform that will be used by many thousands every day.
- Play an active part in the development of user stories and tasks from product requirements.
- Design components and architecture with performance, security and scalability across distributed systems always in mind.
- Implement good development practices to support a reliable integration pipeline.
- Write clean, robust, portable code.
- Help to ensure high availability of platforms.
- Refine and prioritise requirements; estimate scopes of work and release schedules.
- Commercial experience developing APIs and back-end infrastructure, ideally including Java or Java-related ecosystem.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience building web applications in an Agile, product-driven environment.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Everyday working proficiency with Linux
- High level of expertise and experience with API design and development.
- Proficiency with relational DBMS, including MySQL and Postgres.
- Enthusiasm for test-driven development.
- Working knowledge of AWS systems and services.
- Experience working in SCRUM-based Agile projects.
- An interest in machine learning.
- Confidence and an appetite to share knowledge.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Knowledge and experience of orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm).
- Practical experience in machine learning and information retrieval.
- Commercial experience with distributed, multi-tenant systems using AWS.
- Good understanding of ReactJS
- The ability to converse in more than one (human) language.
- £45-60K per annum, dependent on experience.
- A progressive, friendly working environment.
- Flexible working, including work hours and some working from home.
- Professional development.
- Influence over something set to become a household name.
Please do not make contact with us about this role if you are a recruiter.