We’re looking for a confident, seasoned developer with commercial experience of Scala and extensive experience building web applications in an Agile, product-driven environment.
- Work with a small local team as part of a wider international team, on an innovative and exciting platform that will be used by many thousands every day.
- Play an active part in the development of user stories and tasks from product requirements.
- Design components and architecture with performance, security and scalability across distributed systems always in mind.
- Implement good development practices to support a reliable continuous integration pipeline.
- Write clean, robust, portable code.
- Help to ensure high availability of platforms.
- Refine and prioritise requirements; estimate scopes of work and release schedules.
- Commercial experience developing server-side software in Scala.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience building web applications in an Agile, product-driven environment.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- High level of expertise and experience with API design and development.
- Proficiency with relational DBMS, including MySQL and Postgres.
- Enthusiasm for test-driven development.
- Working knowledge of AWS systems and services.
- Experience working in SCRUM-based Agile projects.
- An interest in machine learning.
- Confidence and an appetite to share knowledge.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Knowledge and experience of orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm).
- Practical experience in machine learning and information retrieval.
- Commercial experience with distributed, multi-tenant systems using AWS.
- Good understanding of ReactJS
- Knowledge and experience with other Java- and non-Java-based server application frameworks.
- The ability to converse in more than one (human) language.
- £50-60K per annum.
- A progressive, friendly working environment.
- Flexible working, including work hours and some working from home.
- Professional development.
- Influence over something set to become a household name.
Please do not make contact with us about this role if you are a recruiter.